NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SUMMER DIPS CONTEST®, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S/D.C. residents. Must be 18 years old or older (19 years old for AL and NE). Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the contest).
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on 05/12/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 07/06/2019.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, there is only one way to enter. Enter by going to stacyssnacks.com and filling out the contact form and submit your recipe “Entry”. You will need to fill out the contact form completely (including a valid email address and physical street address located within the United States) and submit your dip recipe ingredients in full along with directions on how to make the recipe. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified. Only one (1) recipe submission per day / per email address for up to a maximum of five (5) entries per person / per email address during the promotional period. Refer to Section 4 below for submission requirements.The recipe you submit must be original and created by you, and by entering a recipe in the Sweepstakes you warrant and represent that you are the original creator of the recipe submitted, it has not won any previous awards, has not been published previously, and does not infringe upon any other person’s rights. Furthermore, by making a submission, you warrant and represent that your submission (including your recipe, recipe description, and photographs of the finished dish), (a) is wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party; (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party; and(d) does not violate these Official Rules, including the usage guidelines found herein.
By submitting an entry, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Delivery of prizes will require a complete physical street address (no P.O. Boxes) located within the United States. Proof of submission or entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Furthermore, by entering this Contest and submitting your Entry, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor and their agents, to the extent permissible by law, the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, broadcast, publish, use, adapt, edit, translate, dub, and/or modify such Entry or in any way, in any and all media, throughout the world, for any purpose, without limitation, and without notice or consideration to you. Winners agree that upon verification of eligibility, to execute a release irrevocably assigning and transferring to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and, where legally permissible, waiving all moral rights in Entry for use in relation to the Contest and/or allowing Sponsor to modify the Entry as described in these Official Rules and in promotion (including but, not limited to print, digital, social, or other medias) of Sponsor and its Stacy’s® Pita Chip products. If a Winner does not execute the release, its Entry is no longer eligible, and Sponsor may select another Entry to be a Winner. Entrant also consents to the Sponsor or their agents doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Entry which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the Entrant’s moral rights. All Contest Entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and/or Judges from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringe on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Entry.
Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor’s use in matters independently developed of material similar to or identical with the Entry or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Entry will not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with Entrant, nor will it entitle Entrant to any compensation of any kind. Entrant agrees and acknowledges that nothing herein shall preclude Sponsor from using any material in or similar to the Entry without obligation to Entrant, including, but not limited to, if Sponsor has or has determined that it has an independent legal right to use such other material, including without limitation, because such features or elements were not new or novel, or were not originated by Entrant, or were or may hereafter be independently created by or submitted to Sponsor.
Entrant acknowledges that other Entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Entries that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Entry. Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Entrant, Sponsor, Administrator and/or Judge arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
- RECIPE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Entries must be by individual entrants, not teams.
- Recipe must be submitter’s original creation, and must not have received any prizes, awards, or mentions in any other competition.
- Recipe must not have been previously published or accepted for publication, and must not be under consideration for publication.
- Recipe must be distinct, original, and in English.
- All recipes must be complete, and all ingredients and each stage of preparation must be listed.
All ingredients must be listed in their generic form (no mention of specific branded ingredients)5. JUDGING FOR CONTEST FINALISTS:
All eligible entries will be judged by an internal panel at Frito-Lay, including Frito-Lay chefs, brand and design team leads based on the judging criteria specified herein. The eligible entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity/ Originality (25%)
- Taste (25%)
- Visual Appeal (25%)
- Crowd Appeal (25%)
The five (5) Entries with the highest aggregate scores will each be determined to be a Contest Finalist (“Finalist” and collectively “Finalists”). The Judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any Entrant and request for Entrant to submit additional materials relating to the applicable Entry. The Judges also reserve the right to extend the Entry Period, select more or less Finalists or not to declare any Finalists, if, in their sole discretion, an insufficient number of Eligible Entries are received and/or the Eligible Entries do not meet the qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary, the tied Entries will be re-judged by Judges based on creativity and originality continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria, in order, as needed to break the tie. The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Sponsor, Administrator and Judges disclaim any liability from any Entrant and Entrants agree to waive any claims against Sponsor, Administrator and/or Judges relating to the judging or awarding process.
- PRIZES: 5 Finalists will be selected for their recipe to be produced by the Frito-Lay Chefs. One (1) grand prize, and four (4) runner-up prizes will be awarded. In addition, the first fifty (50) entrants will receive a prize for submitting. If the grand prize and/or runner-up winners are also included in the first 50 entrants, they will only receive their appropriate prize category and an additional entrant, beginning at number 51, will be selected. Winners must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person and email address.
- One (1) Grand prize winner will attend a video shoot in New York, New York scheduled on or about August 13, 2019. With the support of the Stacy’s brand team, the winner’s dip recipe will star in a Tasty-Style recipe tutorial video. Winner and guest will receive one trip to New York, New York. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home to New York, New York, ground transportation to/from airport and hotel, double occupancy hotel accommodations for one (1) night, and daily breakfast at hotel. If winner lives within 100 miles of New York, New York, ground transportation for winner and guest may be awarded in lieu of airfare. Winner and guest must be able to travel during the scheduled time of the Video Shoot. If winner and guest are unable to travel during the scheduled time of the Video Shoot, prize may be forfeited and awarded to another finalist. During the Video Shoot, a fully stocked Stacy’s branded craft services table, as well as director’s chairs with winner’s name on it will be provided for the shoot and later shipped to the winner’s home, if desired. To extend the experience, winner will receive:
- A $500 VISA gift card
- A Stacy’s engraved custom chip/dip bowl
- Welcome snacks/drinks provided by Stacy’s in the hotel room
- Ground transportation while in New York, New York.
Custom content, both the final recipe video, and behind-the-scenes segments resulting from the Video Shoot, will be shared on Stacy’s social media platforms and website.
Travel, accommodations, and events are subject to availability and change. All travel subject to availability, government restrictions, and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Selection of airline is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of accommodations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, or prize providers) beyond its control. In the event the winner and/or guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the trip winner at the time of notification.
Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. driver’s license, governmental photo identification) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. A minor guest (under age of 18; 19 in AL or NE) must be accompanied at all times by minor’s parent or legal guardian who must be the winner. Guest (or if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the winner) must complete and return a Liability / Travel Release prior to travel arrangements being made. Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
Sponsor shall not be regarded as a signatory or otherwise be bound by any collective bargaining agreement or any union code as a result of any work product or services performed by Grand Prize Winner in connection with resulting Video from the Video Shoot.
Approximate Retail Value: $ 3,500
- Four (4) Runner up prize winners will receive a Stacy’s engraved custom chip/dip bowl and a custom Stacy’s branded apron (ARV $50/each). Sponsor reserves the right to publish the runner up winner’s recipes on Stacy’s promotional microsite and/or brand website after runner up winners have been notified.
- The first fifty (50) entrants will receive a Stacy’s engraved custom chip/dip bowl (ARV $30/each). If an entrant submits two or more recipes before 50 entries are received, then that entrant will only be eligible to receive one prize and an additional entrant, beginning at number 51, will be selected.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES: Entries must comply with the Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous, made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation. You also agree that Sponsor is free to disclose ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and (e) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third-party rights. Each entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, Administrator and Judges from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website; (b) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any political, ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (c) Cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) Cannot promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (f) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (g) Cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except Sponsor’s trademarks, logos or trade dress), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except Sponsor’s products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (h) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by Sponsor) without permission; (i) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the participant; (j) Cannot include music, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (k) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission; (l) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (m) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, please follow the notification guidelines as stated herein. Frito-Lay North America, Inc. investigates notices of alleged infringement and takes appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) ("DMCA"). Frito-Lay’s Designated Agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement is: By Mail: Jeanette Zimmer, 7701 Legacy Drive, Mail Drop 3A-160F, Plano, Texas 75024. By Email: Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice of claimed infringement must include the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). Under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys' fees.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, technically corrupted, or garbled entries. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of any Contest-related equipment in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the network; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an entry submitted in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's electronic device and/or phone equipment resulting from participation in the Contest.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified through the email address provided in their contact form completed during the entry process on or about July 31, 2019. The winner will potentially receive two separate emails at differing times: (1) notification that they are a finalist and the Frito-Lay Chefs will be developing their recipe to judge, and (2) notification that the chefs have chosen their entry as the grand prize winner. There may be multiple emails throughout the process that you will be required to respond to. Upon winner notification, you must respond to the email within 48 hours or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners and Finalists may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within two (2) days of prize notification as indicated on the Affidavit. Winners should expect to receive their Stacy’s engraved custom chip/dip bowl and/or custom Stacy’s branded apron on or about the week of August 26, 2019 and is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's email address, phone number, and/or mailing address. If attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, recipients (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize, including any travel related thereto and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the World Wide Web without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the operation of the Contest, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER, VANDALIZE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, check stacyssnacks.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by September 16th, 2019 to: STACY’S SUMMER DIP’S CONTEST WINNERS LIST, PO Box 2334, Addison, TX 75001.
- SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
All snack-related trademarks are owned by Stacy’s Pita Chip Company. © 2019.